Tanzania Visa requirements. Tanzania Visa is compulsory for all foreign nationals who are planning their Tanzania Safari Tours. We suggest you apply for your visa online in advance of travel to enjoy a hassle-free journey in Tanzania. Travelers can Apply For Tanzania Visa Online through the Tanzanian Immigration website where you can make payments online with a credit card or bank transfer.
TANZANIA VISA REQUIREMENTS
Your Tanzania Visa Requirements include the following items:
- Valid Passport – All citizens are required to have a valid passport that is valid for a minimum of six months until the day of completion of your safari.
- Yellow Fever Certificate – In case you are passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, it is essential that you show a yellow fever certificate to the Immigration Officer when you land in Tanzania.
- Methods of Payment – There are various methods of payments where multiple types of credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express are also accepted. You can also pay through the process of PayPal as a standard payment method.
- Flight Itinerary – The Tanzanian Immigration Officials also ask about your flight itinerary.
- Passport Digital Scan – You also need to upload a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, along with carrying two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
TANZANIA VISA TYPES
There are six types of visas valid for entry into Tanzania
Ordinary Visa (Single Entry Visa)
An ordinary visa is granted to all foreign nationals for attending conferences, Humanitarian, visits, Tourism, Leisure, Holiday, and charity activities, Family visits, Health Treatment, or any other purpose as may be determined by the issuing authority. These visas are valid for 90 days for a single entry.
Business visas are issued for a period not exceeding 90 days to any foreign national who wishes to enter the country for one of the following purposes:
- For conducting special assignments such as fixing/repairing machines or running short-term training programs, etc.
- For conducting short time professional roles such as auditing accounts, making business contacts, making feasibility studies, and more.
- For conducting any other short-term lawful business-related task recognized by the laws of the country.
Multiple Entry Visa
In case a foreign national needs to make multiple visits to Tanzania he/she may be provided with a multiple–entry visa. The people who can acquire such visas include Directors of Companies registered in Tanzania who do not reside in the country, Spouses married to Tanzanians/Residents, Persons engaged in Bilateral Meetings, Representatives of international NGOs, Government Consultants, and any other person as may be determined by the Commissioner-General of Immigration or Commissioner of Immigration Zanzibar.
A transit visa is issued to foreign nationals to transit through to another destination outside Tanzania for a period not exceeding seven days. For a transit visa, the applicant may be required to provide proof of a Visa of the destination country and/or onward ticket.
Foreign nationals entering the country for Academic conduct such as Research Students, EAC Students, Exchange students (EAC and Exchange students are free of charge), interns, Volunteering, and Prospective Students admitted to recognized and legally registered Institutions are provided a gratis Visa.
A student visa is issued for a single entry or multiple entries to the holder of diplomatic, services or official passport or Travel Document of a recognized International Organization who is on official duty and their Dependents.
TANZANIA E-VISA PROCESSING TIME
The Tanzania Visa processing times are of three types:
- Standard processing – Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing – Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing – Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
TANZANIA VISA COST
On your Tanzania Safari Tours, you can get varieties of types of visas depending on the purpose of your visit. The Tanzania Visa Cost is provided in the following table:
|TYPES OF VISA||VISA FEES IN USD|
|ORDINARY (SINGLE ENTRY) VISA||50|
|MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA||100|
|STUDENT VISA||50, 250,550|
Tanzania visa cost ranges from $50 to $550 depending on the type of visa and the duration of your stay.
TANZANIA VISA ON ARRIVAL
Tanzania Visa on Arrival is available for all foreign nationals who are eligible for a Tanzania Visa and are also eligible for a visa on arrival. Despite this facility we recommended you apply for a visa before visiting the country as you may require standing in long queues to obtain a visa at the airport.
TANZANIA VISA UK
Citizens of the UK need a tourist or business visa to enter Tanzania. The easier way to apply for your Visa is through the ‘e-visas’ system in advance. To get a tourist or business visa for a single entry on arrival one needs to fulfill all the immigration requirements. Most of the time you may be asked to provide proof of your return journey. But if you need a multiple entry visa you won’t be able to get one on arrival.
TANZANIA VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
Tanzania Visa for Us Citizens can be obtained online for which they are required to fill in the online form, make a payment, and apply online. After reviewing and processing your application and your documents you will be provided the visa with a payment of US$100.
TANZANIA VISA REFUND
As per the Refund Policy of the Tanzania High Commission, the Visa application fees are non-refundable despite whether your application is successful or not. You can, however, claim a refund in case you pay for same-day service or next-day service and your application is not processed within the specified time.
GET ALL THE APPROPRIATE INFORMATION ABOUT TANZANIA VISA
Choose from our customized Tanzania Safari Packages which offer a variety of range of safaris like Budget Safari Tanzania, mid-range safari, and Luxury Safari Tanzania. You can personalize your itinerary with us to make your safari the Best Safari in Tanzania.
Contact us now to know more about visa applications and price-related inquiries and speak to our travel experts at
We are here to serve our clients 24/7 which give you peace of mind for your Tanzanian adventure.