Located on the Kenyan border about 2 hours driving from Moshi, Lake Jipe is only visited by a handful of tourists. It’s a trip that is never the same twice in a row, as the wind determines how much reeds are present at the shores of the lake and how easy or difficult it is to get through. The lake is home to an abundance of hippos and crocodiles and if you visit during the right time of the year, mainly June – August, you’ll be able to spot them on the Tanzanian side of the lake!
- This is the unique experiences where you can do local fishing activities, meet local people and experiences water falls in the middle of wildlife.
- This is real adventures trip, You will almost certainly get dirty in your shoes and clothes will get wet as sometimes water comes into the boats and the fishermen scoop it out as they go.
- In the village, there’s toilet available for tourists and we will supply toilet papers and sanitizers.
- We recommend you to wear clothes that are allowed to get dirty. Loose trousers are not a good idea as they will hang in the water that might come into the boat whilst you sit on the very low bench.
- Please wear either running shoes or waterproof shoes that can handle.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and sun hat are recommended, as the sun is very strong and water reflects the sunlight.
NOTE: This tour can be offered with an overnight experiences where by you can camp in the village and spend more day to explore the village including hiking the local mountains.