- The long dry season is from June through October,
- lunch package or lunch at the village & complimentary bottle of mineral water
- Transport to and from your accommodation in Arusha/Moshi or nearby
- Riding Camels Safari, guiding fee, development fee and visit Maasai boma
2 - 20
Mkuru Camel Safari includes camel and walking safaris, as well as a wide variety of cultural events, with the objective of spreading the knowledge of natural and cultural resources of Mkuru/Mount Meru area, and distributing the benefits of tourism to rural communities.
The income of Mkuru Camel Safari remains 100% locally, to pay salaries, guide fees, village contribution, running cost of the camp, trainings and transportation costs. The Mkuru community receives benefits from two different incomes: from the development fee that the community manages by itself, to pay for school improvements, scholarships for secondary education and other costs to improve the life conditions of Mkuru community.
The second way MCS is distributing benefits is through the Boma visit fee, each tourist entering in a Boma, is paying a fee that goes direct to the family of that Boma.
Best Time To Travel
- The long rainy season is from March to May
- The short rainy season is in November and December.
- The long dry season is from June through October.
- August is typically the driest month of the year.
- The short, hot, dry season is in January and February