Why not visit the untouched beauty of the Rau forest. See local flora & fauna as you cycle through this old wooded region of Kilimanjaro. With your trusted local guide, speak to local community members and find out why this forest is of cultural significance for this local community.
Rau Forest Cycling Tour
- Season/dates open: Year around operation.
- Activity start time at the venue: 08:00am (Or other time by request/notice).
- Duration of Activity: 7 hours.
- Minimum no of Persons : 2. Maximum No. of Persons: 20.
- Skill level required : Good physical health required, biking experience. Swimming skills.
- Distance: 38 km, one way
- Biking experience on & off roads.
- Enjoy cycling around Rau Forest.
- See the wilderness area and Savannah landscapes.
- Enjoy a great hot local lunch with locals.
- Observe beautiful views of Mount Kilimanjaro & Meru in one point if weather permits
At 9:00hrs. We will ride through Tpc sugar cane plantation area with its small farms and houses. You’ll cycle past schools, mosques and churches. Your journey takes you to the nearby rice fields, where you’ll make a stop and if you wish can lend a helping hand to the field workers.
Afterwards, you will have a better understanding of how much hard work goes into one sack of rice. Enriched with this intense experience we visit a local family for lunch. Rice is one of the main components of meals in Tanzania and you will have the chance to taste it at their house in a traditional meal called Pilau. Get indulged by the hospitality of the local family while you sit at their veranda and share a meal and thoughts about life with them. All fuelled, you continue the bike ride through the Rau Forest, natural beauty just behind the city of Moshi. Watch out for colobus monkeys in the tree crowns with their long fluffy tails. As you cycle through this never-ending jungle, listen carefully to the animal sounds.
Our last stop of the day is at the old railway station, which remains from the German colonial time. You will feel like you are on a 1900s film set and can still sense the bustling energy this magical place used to have roughly a hundred years ago. With a little bit of luck, you have the best view of Kilimanjaro while sipping a cold Kilimanjaro beer from the rail station bar, reflecting on today’s incredible adventure. Our guide will take you back to your accommodation, where you can stretch your legs and arms after a day on Tanzania’s rough roads.
Prices For Rau Forest 1 Day Cycling Tour
|Tour name||1 Person||2-3 People||4-5 People||6-9 People||10 & Above|
|1 Day Forest Cycling Tour||100/Person||75/Person||65/Person||50/Person||40/Person|