Rubondo Islands National Park
Introduction to Rubondo Island
Why visit Rubondo Island National Park?
- Rubondo Island National Park is a hidden treasure, offering a unique experience.
- It houses diverse wildlife, including several species of primates.
- The park’s remote location has helped preserve its natural beauty, making it a perfect destination for off-the-beaten-path adventure.
- Visitors can explore the stunning landscape, hike the trails, and get up close to the wildlife.
- Rubondo Island National Park offers a variety of outdoor activities, such as fishing, boat safaris, and hiking trails.
- Visitors can still see traces of the Bantu tribe’s existence, including rock paintings and archaeological sites.
- The park is also a fantastic destination for travelers who want to avoid crowds and explore an unspoiled wilderness.
Getting to Rubondo Island National Park
Rubondo Island National Park is accessible by boat. If you are travel from Mwanza, Tanzania, you can take a boat to Rubondo Island, which takes about 3-4 hours.
Daily scheduled flights operate from Arusha or Dar es Salaam to Rubondo Island with Auric Air and Coastal Aviation.